Sunday, June 6, 2010

Wood Floors

I have awoken from a deep sleep on a number of occasions to a dancing boy trying to find the bathroom in the middle of the night. I have found them dancing in their closet, in the front hall closet, in the hallway, in the bathtub, in the living room. Scott and I jumped up at the same time tonight when we heard the stream of pee from their bedroom. There wasn't even a dance this time. I walked in to Preston standing in the middle of the floor finishing his business and then he jumped right back into bed. Not a word was spoken.
Once again I sing my praises to real wood floors. When looking for our house I requested wood floors and a working wood fireplace. They are so cleanable. I say real wood because laminates (i.e. pergo) would not withstand 72 years of use as these floors have.
This is a discussion Scott the Architect and I have often. Without the permanence of families living in the same home or same area as was once the norm people don't necessarily look into long term products for their homes. Short term solutions are typically less expensive and continue the cycle of poor quality homes.
The trend will change, people will tire of disposable homes, and we will think long term quality solutions once again and Scott will be your Architect.

2 comments:

Ginni Bingham LeVar said...

Was Preston sleep walking?

leah said...

Wood floors are fabulous. And that is really funny.