Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Time

With the few spare seconds I have in my head lately to think about free time I wonder what we did our first years of marriage. We have always been busy. But the last 10 years have sped increasingly faster. I can't remember conversations I had yesterday. My mind is so full that it pushes out even important information. There have been two instances this year when I was truly scared at my loss of information. One when I couldn't remember my SS #. And two when I could not remember Scott's work #. Both pieces of information that are always there. I tried and tried to find it in my memory but there were only empty spots when I searched. Truly a terrifying experience. I have always had an incredible memory.
Reading a friends blog has reminded me of those days when we traveled through Spain, Portugal, and Morocco. Our honeymoon to Italy. The vacation in Greece. Those were lucky, lazy, hard earned vacations. In the last 10 years of very hard work, school, and child rearing, the breaks have been very far and few between. A luxury has been to actually spend a Saturday or Holiday together without working.
I don't need a European vacation now (of course it would be nice). I just need time with Scotty and the kids. Looking forward to our much needed Washington break.

Oh! the struggles we Americans have? We have it so good!

2 comments:

Kahilau said...

IIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII NEEEEEEEEEEEEEDDDDDDD YOOOOOOOOOUUUUUUUUU TOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! Shannon, this time difference is killing me! I miss you like crazy and can't wait till we can all come back and play together! Love you!

Messimoo said...

Oh, so excited for you to have a break. Those are always very nice moments!!! Have fun!